Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default 3 Ways In Which You Can Save Money And Enjoy Delicious Home Cooked Meals

Giusi wrote:
> Omelet wrote:

>>> Much like yours except I use an all cornmeal recipe from Better
>>> Homes and Gardens cookbook from 1960 which I dragged along to Italy.

>> I did another file search and found two more flourless recipes on
>> file that I've collected, one is called Arkansas corn bread made
>> without the canned corn or cheese.

> I am originally from Maine and our cornbread never had white flour in
> it.

But do you add sugar? I was up in Massachusettes (as close as I ever got to
Maine!) a number of years ago. One of my best friends married a guy from
Boston and moved up there. When I went to visit we were walking around
downtown and stopped in a pub for a cold beer. For some reason they were
giving out cornbread muffins to the patrons, which struck me as odd. She
cautioned me before I took a bite, "You're not going to like it! It's
sweet!" Sure enough, it had so much sugar in it it tasted more like cake
than a quick bread made with cornmeal.

Jill