Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default 3 Ways In Which You Can Save Money And Enjoy Delicious Home CookedMeals

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Giusi > wrote:

>>> What is your process please?

>> Much like yours except I use an all cornmeal recipe from Better Homes
>> and Gardens cookbook from 1960 which I dragged along to Italy.

> I did another file search and found two more flourless recipes on file
> that I've collected, one is called Arkansas corn bread made without the
> canned corn or cheese.

I am originally from Maine and our cornbread never had white flour in it.

> Masa is cheap here, it's used to make Tamales.

That's what I use it for because corn tortillas don't exist here and one
must make them. Some Texans once brought me 100 in a bag and they
lasted 1.5 years!

> Black soy beans are the only true low-carb bean and the nutritional
> breakdown almost reads like science fiction. Prepared properly with a
> long pre-soak, the flavor and texture is similar to pinto beans.

I just do the low carb thin every winter at Lent-- not for religious
reasons but just because it is an easy definite period to choose. 40
days and finished. I love canellini too much to give them up, but don't
cook them with fat or meat. Chickpeas, too. In central Italy the bean
is at least a pretender to the throne.