Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default 3 Ways In Which You Can Save Money And Enjoy Delicious Home Cooked Meals

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> wrote:
> > 3 Ways In Which You Can Save Money And Enjoy Delicious Home
> > Cooked Meals
> > by Katherine Saab
> >

> > Top 4 Reasons to hire a Personal Chef.
> >

> Funny how the article says 4 reasons but the subject of the post says 3.
> Apparently this "personal chef" can't count. I fail to see how paying
> someone else do to the cooking is going to save money.
>
> OB Food: Made a loaf of cornbread in my trusty cast iron skillet.
>
> 1 cup medium yellow cornmeal
> 1 c. white flour
> up to 1/4 c. sugar (I use one Tablespoon)
> 4 tsp. baking powder
> 1/2 tsp. salt
> 1/4 c. butter, shortening or bacon grease
> 1 c. buttermilk
> 1 large egg, lightly beaten
>
> Blend the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl; stir in the butter (softened),
> shortening or bacon grease. Add the buttermilk and egg and stir well.
> Mixture will be a little lumpy. Pour into a lightly greased pan (I use an
> 8" cast iron skillet or sectioned cast iron corn muffin pan). Bake at 425F
> until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
>
> Jill

And for those avoiding wheat flour:

Cornbread

1 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon soda
1 cup corn, cream-style
2 eggs; slightly beaten
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup shortening; melted
1 cup cheese, cheddar; shredded

Combine all ingredients, except shredded cheese, in a bowl. Mix well
and pour half the batter into a hot, greased 9" baking pan. Sprinkle
cheese on top, and cover with remaining batter. Bake at 375 degrees for
30 to 40 minutes.

Yield: 9 servings

Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.