Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Weber Genesis B Silver-Our New Toy

On May 28, 9:50�pm, Goomba38 > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > An outdoor grill on the porch??? *Almost guaranteed you will burn your
> > house down. *Put that thing on the ground, a minimum of 15 feet from
> > your house and from any other combustable material. *This is not a
> > joke.

> > Sheldon

> But why is it any different than sitting on the deck? The only thing
> that encloses it is the roof (high up at that) and floor to ceiling
> screen. It gets plenty of ventilation, so it isn't'that... so seriously
> I don't understand..?

What's not to understand? No grill should ever be used on a deck,
porch, or anything that can burn. Grills go on the ground or masonary
patio.... and placed a minimum of 15 feet from the house or any
combustible material, not near a shed, fence, not even a tree.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...07/ai_n9276767

http://www.naplesfire.com/documents/...rill_Fires.pdf