Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default chicken leg flavouring

monrae fordi wrote:

> Complete beginner is going to cook lots of chicken legs (leaving the skin
> on) in the oven.
>
> Would someone please advise me on a simple sauce or flavour to just put on
> the top of them. I dont want the extra work of steeping in a marinade.
> Thanks.

I use salt, pepper and paprika and rub them with a little olive oil. Bake
them in a covered pan for about 40 minutes and then remove the cover and
cook until done..... which depends on the size.

Marinades are not a heck of a lot of work and are often well worth the
effort. If the legs are small I like to use a Tandoori marinade. Just mix
some Tandoori powder with yoghurt, lemon juice (or vinegar), a little salt
and some vegetable oil. Remove the skin and pierce to the bone in several
spots. Marinate 8 hours or overnight and cook in a very hot oven. The
results are tasty and very tender. You can prepare them the night before
and they are ready to go anytime you are want them to go into the oven.