Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
toci toci is offline

Default Cutty Sark

On May 21, 6:49 am, "Mal from Oz" > wrote:
> Cooked ???
>
> ;-))
>
> ..sorry, bad joke........ yes, was very saddened to hear of this on tonights
> evening news - apparently there's a theory that it may have been arson -
> unbelievable.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Mal
> Oz
> (ex-pat Brit)
>
> http://maloz.bigblog.com.au/index.do"toci" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> >A massive fire, but there's still hope it can be restored. Does
> > anybody know what kind of tea it carried? The article I read just
> > said Chinese. Toci- Hide quoted text -

Answering my own question- between 1870 and 1877, perhaps about two-
thirds green and one-third red (black). The greens were heavily
adulterated but thought to be benign and nobody cared, apparently.
The reds were supposed to be pure. After 1877 the Cutty Sark was
changed over to regular cargo. Toci