Posted to rec.food.cooking
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Out of the Mouths of Babes, Quinn-style

Puester wrote:
> My five year old grandson mentioned Friday that "We should go to Outback
> Steakhouse someday soon because I love their 'chocolate' bread." (He
> meant the "honey-wheat bushman bread" they serve warm.)
>
> His mother has the copycat recipe for the bread so they made some today.
> He tasted it and his response: "It's SURPRISINGLY good!" We're
> beginning to refer to him as the Galloping Gourmand.
>
> ;-)
> gloria p

I've got two greatgranddaughters who think "Granpa" is a wizard because
I cook good food and lots of it when they come to visit. turns out my
granddaughter-in-law doesn't cook anything but cold cereal and they
think Mickey Dee's is haute cuisine. I don't know whether I'm pleased or
****ed but I'll take any compliments those two babes hand out. they
particularly like my home made bread, sweet or not. These two are Zoe
and Avery, both going on 30 years of age according to their vocabulary.
<VBG>

George