Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Montreal recommendations?

Steve Pope wrote:

> If anyone has any recommendations for either restaurants
> or food retailers in Montreal, please let me know.
> (Centrally located, or near a subway stop preferred.)
>
> I have heard there is good Jewish food there, if anyone
> knows any specifics I am highly interested, but any sort
> of food advice appreciated.

We go to Montreal a few times a year to visit our son. It is a great city
for eating out because there are so many good, reasonably priced
restaurants. Our favourite is Restaurant l'Express at 3927 Saint-Denis near
the Sherbrooke Metro stop. It is a Parisian style bistro with wonderful
food. We had a great meal in a Portuguese restaurant a few blocks east of
St.Denis on rue Dultuth. Sorry but I don't remember the name. We also like
the Nil Bleu (Blue Nile) for Ethiopian food. It is just a few blocks down
the street at 4110 Saint-Denis. In the area between those restaurants and
the park there are several great bagel shops, and Montreal bagels are
great.

There are a number of decent places at the pedestrian mall on King Arthur
at Saint Laurant. Most have tables outdoors in the summer.