Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] sboyer@knology.net is offline

Default How to do chicken right.

> What I would like is some advice on how to do chicken in a R2D2 and have it
> taste good and keep moist. Every time I try it ends up being a little on
> the dry side, and the smoke flavor is not "right". It doesn't complement
> the flavor in the same way it does for other meat. Some people here
> recommended asian sweet pepper sauces for chicken. I've got some of that,
> but I do not know when to add it, while in the smoker/grill or after?
>
> Thank you in advance for advice and/or pointers,
>
> --
> //ceed

I do my chicken 2 ways; for bbq/grill I cut chicken in half, marinade
in Italian dressing then smoke for an hour, hour and a half. Then
finish on the grill with whatever sauce I'm in the mood for.
For smoked chicken, when I don't intend to eat the skin, I use the Fat
Man's brine overnight and smoke 3 to 4 hours. The results are always
perfect for chicken salad, wraps, burritos/tacos, pasta, and salads.

Steve