Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ceed ceed is offline

Default How to do chicken right.

Hi,

In another thread here I was posting about barbeque sauce, and the
discussion ended up in what kind of sauce people liked with their chicken.
Personally I haven't found a sauce I like with chicken, and to be frank I
have only found one way to do chicken that's been successful in my R2D2
style smoker/grill and that is "beer can chicken" without adding any wood
chips for smoke chips at all. Actually, it seems I might as well be using
my gas grill which works okay, but doesn't make it come out above average.

What I would like is some advice on how to do chicken in a R2D2 and have it
taste good and keep moist. Every time I try it ends up being a little on
the dry side, and the smoke flavor is not "right". It doesn't complement
the flavor in the same way it does for other meat. Some people here
recommended asian sweet pepper sauces for chicken. I've got some of that,
but I do not know when to add it, while in the smoker/grill or after?

Thank you in advance for advice and/or pointers,

--
//ceed