Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gunner[_4_] Gunner[_4_] is offline

Default A long siesta... inspire me w/ camarones

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> Man I hope this group didn't die. I know you are out there lurking... I
> haven't been inspired to write anything either so no problemo.

Brad, I hope it doesn't either.

OT:
Shrimp, shell-on Latin style huh?
26-50, Fresh if possible and save the heads/torn shells for stock. You can
google for internet recipes and adjust according to taste.

1. A tequila lime cerviche (appropriately proportioned) with a few fresh
chopped chiles and cilantro is always nice . (BTW, How did those Pickled
reds come out?). Think of using Pineapple vinegar for another cerviche base
with a bit of Mexican sugar or some borrowed raw sugar from Starbucks.
Counter this with a roasted/charred salsa

2. Quick Brined in a salt, sugar, Allspice, Habanero chile, garlic,(cumin,
soy, ginger is/are permissible) drained, patted dry and fast grilled.

3. Marinade in a Tamarind/Anchiote recado for about 2 hours, pan grilled
and served with a nice fresh tropical style salsa and cold sliced melon
(cantaloupe or a honey dew ). If you use smaller size shrimp make a boat
out of the melon and fill it up. Grilled green onions

4. Let them swim in a mint recado then into the pan for 30-40 minutes or
so. Same for goes for a chimichurri sauce but I use a few green chiles and
cilantro instead of S. American style parsley and oil. be sure to save some
of either for a side

5. If you have some shell-off, How about deep fried in a blue corn/ancho
chile batter and served with deep fried thin sliced sweet potato chips.

6. Sautéed in butter and garlic and chile powder, served with rustically
chopped red onion, tomato and avocado.

and on and on in true Forest Gump style..............

My best to all
d.