Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Wayne Lundberg Wayne Lundberg is offline

Default A long siesta... inspire me w/ camarones

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> Man I hope this group didn't die. I know you are out there lurking... I
> haven't been inspired to write anything either so no problemo.
>
> Feel like shrimp this weekend, anyone have some ideas? I like head-off
> skin on shrimp med-large. I usually rip the veins and the back and leave
> the skin on.
>
> Now what should I do with them?
>
> Thanks,
> Brad

To get the most out of the shrimp taste, being delicate as it is, I think
camaron al ajo is about the best way there is to cook shrimp. Butterfly raw
shrimp and sauté in olive oil and lots and lots of garlic. Serve with white
rice on the side, and doctor the hot sauce onto the rice while munching on
the shrimp for contrast.

Just my two-bits worth.

Wayne