Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Tutall Tutall is offline

Default 1.5" thick T-Bones... best way...

On Apr 18, 3:47 am, "43fan" > wrote:

> Still think they'd have been better on the grill, but I certainly ate all of
> mine.

You're right, a grill can be better. You're timing will be very
dependant on your fuel source and how close it is to the cooking
grate.

I use oak lump and bring the grate up so the lump is immediately under
the cooking grate. With that level of heat 2 minutes per side, then
maybe another minute per side directly over the coals, then I put it
off to the side for a total of 10-11 minutes, then off and alu foil
wrapped for 5 minutes.