Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Eat with your eyes first ...

"ms. tonya" > wrote

(Nancy Young)

>>with the ribs for dinner. What a gorgeous salad I
>>saw, I had to have it. I took a picture
>>of it so I can try to recreate it for
>>myself sometime.
>>http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4ckvl8k
>>Cucumber, grape tomatoes, red onion, yellow pepper, parsley, oil and
>>vinegar, salt and pepper, and parsley.

>Looks nice but really needs greens as one poster said.

I meant to respond to that, didn't get around to it.

When I make cucumber tomato salad, which I do all
summer, I don't put greens in it. I like it like that. To each their
own, of course.

>Once in a while few years back we use to take home a salad from our
>local grocery store which had a huge salad bar but got way too expensive
>even with the small take out containers.

>Couple years ago our board of heath went around various local grocery
>stores- both inner city & suburban stores- and took back to their labs
>sides from both the salad bars and those free samplers you find on deli
>counters and samplers people pass out in stores.

>After hearing the results of lab finds we will NEVER again even look at
>any salad bars nor taste free samplers in any grocery stores even Whole
>Foods which opened a new store 3 miles from us and looking forward to my
>first visit.

I know, I know. We're surrounded by germs. Everything they test,
nasty germs all over the place. I'm living on the edge. Heh.

nancy