Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Finishing Rolling Pin

On Apr 16, 2:32�pm, "kilikini" > wrote:
> merryb wrote:

> >> I vote for bare wood, too, but pizza dough is really elastic. *In my
> >> opinion, it needs to be stretched and pulled. *I've tried rolling
> >> pizza (duh, first time learner) and all it did was spring back *In
> >> any case, I wish you luck!

> >> kili- Hide quoted text -

> > If you let it rest for a few minutes, it will relax and be easier to
> > work with.

> Thanks for the tip!

But it's not true... the longer wheat bread dough rests the stronger
the glutten becomes and the more difficult it is to work. Pizza dough
and bagel dough are exactly the same, neither can be rolled. If you
can roll your pizza dough then you've used a recipe for Boboli, which
is the same as the dough used for Chicago deep dish pizza, which in
fact is not pizza at all, it's essentially Wonder Bread with a
grotesque quantity of pizza toppings.