Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_7_] Nonnymus[_7_] is offline

Default Liquid Smoke

Wally, I prefer the brown of combined food color, and only use it when
boiling a sirloin or porterhouse. For proper boiling of ribs, a green
colored smoke adds the proper cast to the mix.

As for the catsup crust, since I take the ribs to 320f to get rid of any
parasites, the Hunts catsup crusts up just fine all by itself, or even
when I add in my special secret ingredient of a teaspoon of mustard.

Has anyone tried ribs in the microwave?

Nonny

--
---Nonnymus---