Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kent Kent is offline

Default Liquid Smoke

"Nonnymus" > wrote in message
>A friend and I were discussing the best way to cook ribs. He swears that
>adding liquid smoke to the water as he boils them gives the best flavor. I
>prefer sprinkling it on after removing them from the water, or adding it to
>the catsup. What are your suggestions, and what is the best brand of
>liquid smoke to use?
>
> Nonny
> --

Nonny, you're really going to get into NG trouble with this suggestion,
particularly
about water contact, but also with liquid smoke.
I'm going to coat the salmon with liquid smoke the next time I make gravlax,
as
suggested by a genuine Norwegian, but that's about as far as I go.
I really enjoy your posts, and hearing your grilling experiences.

Kent