Posted to rec.food.baking
Laura[_2_] Laura[_2_] is offline

Default What chocolate to melt?

"Merryb" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 8, 12:41 pm, "JimL" > wrote:
>> What kind of chocolate, and method, should I use to make a simple
>> chocolate to drizzle on top of otherwise plain sugar cookies? I've
>> tried melting Nestle's chips in a double boiler, added some powdered
>> sugar, and then a bit of cornstaarch to try to thicken it. It was too
>> runny, and when cooled still didn't harden enouch -- cookies in a jar
>> would stick to each other. Is there a cerain kind of chocolate for
>> melting and then hardening?

> Couverature, but that needs tempering. Try your chips again, and be
> sure not to overheat. Also, don't add other stuff to it to try to
> thicken. Or if flavor isn't too important to you, then I would
> recommend bark, also.

why not leave the chips unadulterated. melt and drizzle on cookie, let harden.
should be firm like the chips but not rock break teeth breaking hard. That's
what I do when i want to dip the ends of biscotti in chocolate and it is good.

--
Laura

-Sautéed poo is still poo!

Come join us at The Dirty Old Ladies and The Dirty Old Men!