Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@ij.net is offline

Default smoker thermometer found at meijer

On 9-Apr-2007, "skeeter" > wrote:

> Group,
> I have a Brinkman smoker (similar to the Cajun Coooker)
> with the plain
> "low ideal hot" thermometer on it. I found at meijer a
> "grill top
> thermometer" which will almost fit into the lid of my
> smoker. Just a
> little grinding with a stone wheel in my dremel made it
> fit, and the
> thermometer was like 5-6 bucks. I'm looking forward to
> see how much
> more accurate it is.

Check it out. I just shitcanned a brand new Taylor frig
thermometer because it's a full 7 degrees low. (I already
threw out the wrapper and receipt.) They're only about
six bucks, but even so, +/- 1 degree shouldn't be too
much to ask for. When, I went back to the hardware store
for a replacement, I checked through a dozen or so therms
and finally picked one that agreed with the majority
consensus. I was surprised at the difference I saw on
a whole bunch of thermometers. Only about six (half) of
them agreed with one another closer then two degrees.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)