Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes[_2_] Joseph Littleshoes[_2_] is offline

Default pls tell me a veg salad reciepe

Navneet wrote:

> hey everybody,
> i'm stuck.!
> Plz kindly send me reciepe of veg salad that could possibly be
> prepared within few minutes (hours will also be gud).
> thanku in anticipation

Lettuce (red leaf, romaine, butter but gawd not ice berg) broccoli,
green & red sweet pepper, green onions, tomatoes, all cut into small
dice and tossed in a vinaigrette of choice. Add some garbonzoe beans
and some marinated diced breast of chicken and that is our 3 times a
week "dinner salad" around here.

Avocado, sliced daikon, sprouts, celery, shredded carrots, small dice of
apple are all good ingredients, the chicken can be replaced by small
cooked shrimps.

I use canola oil and apple cider vinegar for the vinaigrette with
garlic, green onions, a pinch of oregano & salt. If i have it on hand
some fresh lemon juice is nice in the vinaigrette.

I prepare the vinaigrette in large amounts, enough to last a week or so,
but if made in small amount it is best to let it sit for an hour after
making, then use to marinate chicken or shrimp, and let that sit for at
lest 20 minutes before adding to salad.
--
JL