Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pls tell me a veg salad reciepe

hey everybody,
i'm stuck.!
Plz kindly send me reciepe of veg salad that could possibly be
prepared within few minutes (hours will also be gud).
thanku in anticipation

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 6, 10:59 am, "Navneet" > wrote:
> hey everybody,
> i'm stuck.!
> Plz kindly send me reciepe of veg salad that could possibly be
> prepared within few minutes (hours will also be gud).
> thanku in anticipation

This is more a discussion group than a "send me a recipe" group.
Check out rec.food.recipes or go to Google and type in "recipes salads
vegetable."

And we generally spell out the words we use - not trying to be mean,
just informing....

What kind of vegetable salad? gelatin? greens? Mediterranean Bread
Salad? You need to be more specific.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" wrote:
> "Navneet" wrote:
>
> > i'm stuck.!
> > Plz kindly send me reciepe of veg salad that could possibly be
> > prepared within few minutes (hours will also be gud).
> > thanku in anticipation

> This is more a discussion group than a "send me a recipe" group.
> Check out rec.food.recipes or go to Google and type in "recipes salads
> vegetable."
>
> And we generally spell out the words we use - not trying to be mean,
> just informing....
>
> What kind of vegetable salad? *gelatin? *greens? *Mediterranean Bread
> Salad? *You need to be more specific.
>
> N.

Can't get easier (and less expensive) than a multi bean salad, just
open cans and use bottled dressing if you're too lazy to whip up your
own... okay, add some diced onion, celery, parsley, some garlic if you
like... canned garbanzos, kidneys (dark red and white), black beans,
frozen/canned corn niblets, cut green beans, and peas too. Whatever
floats your boat... tastes even better after marinating over night....
wanna stretch it, serve over a bed of cold pasta... add some left over
meats and cheese, diced..... or even dump in a can or two tuna. Soem
olives if ya got em... that jar of left over pickled onions from New
Years. Just tell em it's Dump Salad, as opposed to Composed Salad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6 Apr 2007 08:59:45 -0700, "Navneet" >
wrote:

>hey everybody,
>i'm stuck.!
>Plz kindly send me reciepe of veg salad that could possibly be
>prepared within few minutes (hours will also be gud).
>thanku in anticipation

Staying within the "few minute" time frame, buy a large head of
lettuce, cut it into quarters ,set in the bowls and cover with
dressing.
Instant salad, no muss no fuss.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Take some fresh lettuce leaves of your choice, make a dressing of oil,
vinegar, sugar, salt , pepper and mustard and combine the two !

Navneet wrote:
> hey everybody,
> i'm stuck.!
> Plz kindly send me reciepe of veg salad that could possibly be
> prepared within few minutes (hours will also be gud).
> thanku in anticipation

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Herd wrote:

> On 6 Apr 2007 08:59:45 -0700, "Navneet" >
> wrote:
>
> >hey everybody,
> >i'm stuck.!
> >Plz kindly send me reciepe of veg salad that could possibly be
> >prepared within few minutes (hours will also be gud).
> >thanku in anticipation

> Staying within the "few minute" time frame, buy a large head of
> lettuce, cut it into quarters ,set in the bowls and cover with
> dressing.
> Instant salad, no muss no fuss.

Could you idiots stop responding to this very obvious troll? It's posted
several times already today under various names, yet people insist on
responding to it, fer cryin' out loud.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Y said...

> Take some fresh lettuce leaves of your choice, make a dressing of oil,
> vinegar, sugar, salt , pepper and mustard and combine the two !

The subject line made it sound like the recipe should start off with

"Once upon a time..."

<G>

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Navneet wrote:
> hey everybody,
> i'm stuck.!
> Plz kindly send me reciepe of veg salad that could possibly be
> prepared within few minutes (hours will also be gud).
> thanku in anticipation

Fatoush

1 head romaine lettuce, chopped or shredded
1 or 2 toasted pita breads, cut into strips
6 Tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. lemon juice
3 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
3 cups cucumbers (peeled and diced)(
1/4 cup fresh mint,chopped
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1 thinly sliced red onion
1 1/2 tsp. salt
ground black pepper

Mix well. If you make it ahead, add the pita crisps just before serving.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Navneet wrote:

> hey everybody,
> i'm stuck.!
> Plz kindly send me reciepe of veg salad that could possibly be
> prepared within few minutes (hours will also be gud).
> thanku in anticipation

Lettuce (red leaf, romaine, butter but gawd not ice berg) broccoli,
green & red sweet pepper, green onions, tomatoes, all cut into small
dice and tossed in a vinaigrette of choice. Add some garbonzoe beans
and some marinated diced breast of chicken and that is our 3 times a
week "dinner salad" around here.

Avocado, sliced daikon, sprouts, celery, shredded carrots, small dice of
apple are all good ingredients, the chicken can be replaced by small
cooked shrimps.

I use canola oil and apple cider vinegar for the vinaigrette with
garlic, green onions, a pinch of oregano & salt. If i have it on hand
some fresh lemon juice is nice in the vinaigrette.

I prepare the vinaigrette in large amounts, enough to last a week or so,
but if made in small amount it is best to let it sit for an hour after
making, then use to marinate chicken or shrimp, and let that sit for at
lest 20 minutes before adding to salad.
--
JL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 6, 8:40 pm, "Nancy2" > wrote:
> On Apr 6, 10:59 am, "Navneet" > wrote:
>
> > hey everybody,
> > i'm stuck.!
> > Plz kindly send me reciepe of veg salad that could possibly be
> > prepared within few minutes (hours will also be gud).
> > thanku in anticipation

> This is more a discussion group than a "send me a recipe" group.
> Check out rec.food.recipes or go to Google and type in "recipes salads
> vegetable."
>
> And we generally spell out the words we use - not trying to be mean,
> just informing....
>
> What kind of vegetable salad? gelatin? greens? Mediterranean Bread
> Salad? You need to be more specific.
>
> N.

sorry nancy,
no hard feeling s to hurt anybody.
and apart from that got ur point and will never repeat this mistake
again.will definitely make it a point n take care of it.
thankx