Old 05-04-2007, 04:56 PM posted to alt.food.wine
Lawrence Leichtman[_1_] Lawrence Leichtman[_1_] is offline

Default TN: Chablis, Bourgogne, Trebbiano

In article ,
Mark Lipton wrote:

DaleW wrote:
Monday I opened a 375 of white as an apertif. I have generally liked
the Gilbert Picq wines, but the 2005 Picq Chablis wasn't thrilling.
Plenty of ripe fruit, but not a lot of minerality, and seemed a tad
fat. Tasted on following night it seemed even rounder, without a bit
of zip to give it more liveliness. B-

Dale, do you see this as a function of producer or vintage? Is '05
going to turn out to be a bit too hot for Chablis?

Mark Lipton

From what I have read it may have been and that could have pushed up the
alcohol levels.