Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brian Brian is offline

Default Propane fired smokers

Kent wrote:
> "Brian" > wrote in message
>> Kent wrote:
>>
>>> I was looking for an "easy to smoke" smoker where you didn't have to add
>>> charcoal and smoke, as you do
>>> for 8-12 hours. I ended up taking it back to Walmart.
>>> At BBQ Galore[a chain scattered about the country] they have the
>>> Cookshack, mentioned above. That may work
>>> but they charge for a proprietary "wood product" that creates a smokey
>>> flavor. I didn't want to get ripped off
>>> and I want to use wood I can chop down, or at least buy in chunks
>>>
>>> Kent

>> That is incorrect information. You're thinking of the Bradley smoker
>> with it's proprietary wood pucks. I've been using whatever wood chunks I
>> have handy in my Cookshack and am quite pleased with the end results. I've
>> served my time with more labor-intensive smokers. YMMV.
>>

> <
> You're absolutely right! It was the Bradley.
> Isn't the Cookshack fairly expensive?
>
> BTW, what does YMMV mean, and what's its
> relevance to this issue, or this NG?
>
> Kent

Expensive is relative, my Cookshack definitely cost more than my
1st Brinkmann, but I sure do enjoy the full night's sleep I get while
the butts/briskets do their thing. It doesn't use lump or ricks of
hardwood (4-8 oz. of chunks for smoke flavor), I can fire it up in the
dead of winter without dragging out the moving blankets and wind breaks.
Did I mention you get a full night's sleep? Your opinion may differ,
Your Mileage May Vary is another way of saying the same thing.

*Disclaimer* I don't work for Cookshack, but do like my smoker.

Brian