Posted to alt.food.wine
miles miles is offline

Default A Few Chards with Dinner

UC wrote:

> Are there California Chardonnays that are NOT "too much of everything"?

I assume you are referring to the California Chardonnays that are either
over oaked or too high % that went through maloatic. I saw that fad
with many of the larger producers through the 90's. The smaller
wineries rarely made Chards in the over blown style and the larger
wineries have mostly gone away from it.

I like a rather bold Chardonnay myself but neither over oaked nor too
buttery. I like a balance with lots of fruit and buttery. I don't like
the overly crisp acidic Chardonnays at all.