Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kate Connally Kate Connally is offline

Default I am now an official recipe tester! :-)

I recently signed up to test recipes for America's
Test Kitchen. They send you the link to the recipe by
e-mail, you make it, and then you fill out an on-line
survey. You don't have to make all the recipes they send
you just the ones you want to.

I did my first one last weekend. It was Chicken Tikka
Masala. Here's the recipe link:

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/othe...d=697&bdc=8364

Chicken Tikka Masala is not one of my favorite Indian
dishes, and I wouldn't order it a la carte, but I often
have some when I go to an Indian buffet. So, I've had
it plenty of times.

I didn't care for theirs, compared to the ones I've
enjoyed at Indian restaurants. One thing was the
fresh ginger. I didn't think the flavor was right for
this sort of dish. Also, I thought it was a little too
tart (too much tomato vs. cream?). I'm used to this dish
being very creamy, zero tartness, and more spicy (flavor,
not heat). But it wasn't bad. Some people may like it
better than I did. I rated it a 5 (scale of 1-10) on
the survey.

All in all it was a fun experience and can't wait for
the next one.

Kate
--
Kate Connally