Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I am now an official recipe tester! :-)

I recently signed up to test recipes for America's
Test Kitchen. They send you the link to the recipe by
e-mail, you make it, and then you fill out an on-line
survey. You don't have to make all the recipes they send
you just the ones you want to.

I did my first one last weekend. It was Chicken Tikka
Masala. Here's the recipe link:

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/othe...d=697&bdc=8364

Chicken Tikka Masala is not one of my favorite Indian
dishes, and I wouldn't order it a la carte, but I often
have some when I go to an Indian buffet. So, I've had
it plenty of times.

I didn't care for theirs, compared to the ones I've
enjoyed at Indian restaurants. One thing was the
fresh ginger. I didn't think the flavor was right for
this sort of dish. Also, I thought it was a little too
tart (too much tomato vs. cream?). I'm used to this dish
being very creamy, zero tartness, and more spicy (flavor,
not heat). But it wasn't bad. Some people may like it
better than I did. I rated it a 5 (scale of 1-10) on
the survey.

All in all it was a fun experience and can't wait for
the next one.

Kate
--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:18:49 -0400, Kate Connally >
wrote:

>I recently signed up to test recipes for America's
>Test Kitchen. They send you the link to the recipe by
>e-mail, you make it, and then you fill out an on-line
>survey. You don't have to make all the recipes they send
>you just the ones you want to.

How does one sign up for this?

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On the whole the recipe sounds fairly accurate - although every
Chicken Tikka I've had has also had bell peppers (capsicum) in it.

Traditionally the chicken is prepared/cooked tandoori style, perhaps
that accounted for the difference to restaurant quality ( most Indian
restaurants have a tandoor oven) and the home-style oven baked.

enjoy your reviewing!

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally wrote:
> I recently signed up to test recipes for America's
> Test Kitchen. They send you the link to the recipe by
> e-mail, you make it, and then you fill out an on-line
> survey. You don't have to make all the recipes they send
> you just the ones you want to.
>
> I did my first one last weekend. It was Chicken Tikka
> Masala. Here's the recipe link:
>
> http://www.cooksillustrated.com/othe...d=697&bdc=8364
>
> Chicken Tikka Masala is not one of my favorite Indian
> dishes, and I wouldn't order it a la carte, but I often
> have some when I go to an Indian buffet. So, I've had
> it plenty of times.
>
> I didn't care for theirs, compared to the ones I've
> enjoyed at Indian restaurants. One thing was the
> fresh ginger. I didn't think the flavor was right for
> this sort of dish. Also, I thought it was a little too
> tart (too much tomato vs. cream?). I'm used to this dish
> being very creamy, zero tartness, and more spicy (flavor,
> not heat). But it wasn't bad. Some people may like it
> better than I did. I rated it a 5 (scale of 1-10) on
> the survey.
>
> All in all it was a fun experience and can't wait for
> the next one.
>
> Kate

This is one of my DH's favorite dishes though we know it as Butter
Chicken. An Indian friend of ours taught it to me. Her recupe is a bit
different. Main thing I noticed was I marinate the chicken in the spicy
yogurt sauce. I put some onion and garlic, garam masala and cilantro
thru the food processor. It sits overnight in the fridge. Then next
day, I amke the sauce, again with onion, garlic, and ginger put through
the FP and then sizzled with cinnamon stick in the oil. Then you add all
the rest of the spices and tomatoes and cream. Roast the chicken in the
oven, add it to sauce.

I find that the overnight marinating in the acidic yogurt really adds to
the buttery texture of the chicken and heightens the spiciness.

BTW, I used to do testing with them, too. It was fun. I hope you'll
enjoy it.

Melondy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lady Jane the Lard - Arse...(WAS:: I am now an official recipe tester! :-)

LadyJane babbles:

> On the whole the recipe

*What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your uterus or
something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> LadyJane babbles:
>
>> On the whole the recipe

> *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your uterus or
> something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...

The assumption was probably that one would have seen the recipe link
just one itsy post prior to hers.

<sorry you missed it>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Morrow the Moron (WAS:: I am now an official recipe tester! :-)

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
thlink.net:

> LadyJane babbles:
>
>> On the whole the recipe

> *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...

This one, you moronic twit.....

*Quote*

From: Kate Connally >

I recently signed up to test recipes for America's
Test Kitchen. They send you the link to the recipe by
e-mail, you make it, and then you fill out an on-line
survey. You don't have to make all the recipes they send
you just the ones you want to.

I did my first one last weekend. It was Chicken Tikka
Masala. Here's the recipe link:

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/othe...d=697&bdc=8364

*Unquote*

> do you have one hand up your uterus or something whilt posting?

I`m fairly certain she doesn`t, but it surely seems like you`ve got your
head stuck firmly up your fat arse.

Look before you gob off, moron....... or is jumping to conclusions the only
exercise you get nowadays, hey!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
> > LadyJane babbles:
> >
> >> On the whole the recipe

> > *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your

uterus or
> > something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...

> The assumption was probably that one would have seen the recipe link
> just one itsy post prior to hers.
>
> <sorry you missed it>

I'm just givin' Lady Jane "the business"...she is quite the lusty wench and
in fact has told me that if I ever get down her Antipodean way that she
would allow me to paddle her backside *real* hard...<vbg/>

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote in :

> On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:18:49 -0400, Kate Connally >
> wrote:
>
>>I recently signed up to test recipes for America's
>>Test Kitchen. They send you the link to the recipe by
>>e-mail, you make it, and then you fill out an on-line
>>survey. You don't have to make all the recipes they send
>>you just the ones you want to.
>>

> How does one sign up for this?

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/default.asp

Right down the bottom of the page........

Recipe Testers Needed
If you're interested in joining a select group who help test our recipes
before they appear in print, let us know. E-mail us at
or click here for more details.

Doesn`t anyone use Google around here!!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
link.net:

> Pennyaline wrote:
>
>> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>> > LadyJane babbles:

>> > *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your

> uterus or
>> > something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...

>> The assumption was probably that one would have seen the recipe link
>> just one itsy post prior to hers.
>>
>> <sorry you missed it>
>>

> I'm just givin' Lady Jane "the business"...she is quite the lusty
> wench and in fact has told me that if I ever get down her Antipodean
> way that she would allow me to paddle her backside *real*
> hard...<vbg/>

[Read] I'm trying to tapdance my way out of this monumental screwup that
I've made.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterLucas" > wrote

> [Read] I'm trying to tapdance my way out of this monumental screwup that
> I've made.

I think he should wear those sweet pink patent pumps to do so.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
thlink.net...

> LadyJane babbles:
>
>> On the whole the recipe

> *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your uterus
> or
> something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...
>
> --

What a ****ing asshole you are. My God, you limp-dicked lousy excuse for a
man. Do you HEAR yourself? You sound like a spiteful little underendowed 6th
grader. Ugh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in :

> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> thlink.net...
>>
>> LadyJane babbles:
>>
>>> On the whole the recipe

>> *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your
>> uterus or
>> something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...
>>
>> --

> What a ****ing asshole you are. My God, you limp-dicked lousy excuse
> for a man. Do you HEAR yourself? You sound like a spiteful little
> underendowed 6th grader. Ugh.

He could always claim that he was being affected by the full moon......
but that doesn't cut it for the rest of the month when he continues his
present trend.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in :

> "PeterLucas" > wrote
>>
>> [Read] I'm trying to tapdance my way out of this monumental screwup that
>> I've made.
>>

> I think he should wear those sweet pink patent pumps to do so.

So he really *does* own a pair??!!! LOL!!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyberSQUAT thought she was being white when she said:

> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> thlink.net...
> >
> > LadyJane babbles:
> >
> >> On the whole the recipe

> > *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your

uterus
> > or
> > something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...
> >
> > --

> What a ****ing asshole you are. My God, you limp-dicked lousy excuse for a
> man. Do you HEAR yourself? You sound like a spiteful little underendowed

6th
> grader. Ugh.

Someone should shove a GIANT lump 'o Play - Doh into yer mouf, tape it up
REAL tight, and then squeeze yer nostrils SHUT for a veeery long whiles...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:

> "cybercat" > wrote in :
>

> > "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> > thlink.net...
> >>
> >> LadyJane babbles:

> >> *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your
> >> uterus or
> >> something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...
> >>
> >> --

> > What a ****ing asshole you are. My God, you limp-dicked lousy excuse
> > for a man. Do you HEAR yourself? You sound like a spiteful little
> > underendowed 6th grader. Ugh.
> >

> He could always claim that he was being affected by the full moon......
> but that doesn't cut it for the rest of the month when he continues his
> present trend.

I'm feeling in a "flamacious" mood today...

Actually I'm very fond of Lady Jane...her every post reeks, drips and exudes
S - E - X ...

For xmas she sent me a copy of _The Kama Sutra_, she inscribed it to me
thusly:

"Dearest Greggie: hoping you can visit Oz sometime for a bit of slap -
and - tickle...signed your loving Lady Jane aka "Lover
Lips...xoxoxoxoxo...".

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> PeterLucas wrote:
>
>> "cybercat" > wrote in :
>>
>>> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
>>> thlink.net...

>>> What a ****ing asshole you are. My God, you limp-dicked lousy excuse
>>> for a man. Do you HEAR yourself? You sound like a spiteful little
>>> underendowed 6th grader. Ugh.
>>>

>> He could always claim that he was being affected by the full moon......
>> but that doesn't cut it for the rest of the month when he continues his
>> present trend.

> I'm feeling in a "flamacious" mood today...
>
> Actually I'm very fond of Lady Jane...her every post reeks, drips and exudes
> S - E - X ...
>
> For xmas she sent me a copy of _The Kama Sutra_, she inscribed it to me
> thusly:
>
> "Dearest Greggie: hoping you can visit Oz sometime for a bit of slap -
> and - tickle...signed your loving Lady Jane aka "Lover
> Lips...xoxoxoxoxo...".

Doubtless she had one hand up her uterus when she wrote it.

<for she surely knows that you're accustomed to solo slap and tickle>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
> > PeterLucas wrote:

> >> He could always claim that he was being affected by the full moon......
> >> but that doesn't cut it for the rest of the month when he continues his
> >> present trend.

> > I'm feeling in a "flamacious" mood today...
> >
> > Actually I'm very fond of Lady Jane...her every post reeks, drips and

exudes
> > S - E - X ...
> >
> > For xmas she sent me a copy of _The Kama Sutra_, she inscribed it to me
> > thusly:
> >
> > "Dearest Greggie: hoping you can visit Oz sometime for a bit of slap -
> > and - tickle...signed your loving Lady Jane aka "Lover
> > Lips...xoxoxoxoxo...".

> Doubtless she had one hand up her uterus when she wrote it.
>
> <for she surely knows that you're accustomed to solo slap and tickle>

Lol...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally > wrote:

> Chicken Tikka Masala is not one of my favorite Indian
> dishes

Maybe because it is not Indian?

See <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/503680.stm>.

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> LadyJane babbles:
>
>> On the whole the recipe

> *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your uterus or
> something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...

Hey Jackass:

It's called snipping.

--
God got a virgin pregnant by magic; God doesn't play by the rules.

-Izzy, Grey's Anatomy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ravenlynne" > wrote in message
> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>> LadyJane babbles:
>>
>>> On the whole the recipe

>> *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your uterus
>> or
>> something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...
>>

> Hey Jackass:
>
> It's called snipping.

heh

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:
> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
> link.net:
>
>> Pennyaline wrote:

>> uterus or
>>> The assumption was probably that one would have seen the recipe link
>>> just one itsy post prior to hers.
>>>
>>> <sorry you missed it>
>>>

>> I'm just givin' Lady Jane "the business"...she is quite the lusty
>> wench and in fact has told me that if I ever get down her Antipodean
>> way that she would allow me to paddle her backside *real*
>> hard...<vbg/>
>>

> [Read] I'm trying to tapdance my way out of this monumental screwup that
> I've made.

ding ding ding!

--
God got a virgin pregnant by magic; God doesn't play by the rules.

-Izzy, Grey's Anatomy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> PeterLucas wrote:
>
>> "cybercat" > wrote in :
>>
>>> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
>>> thlink.net...

>>> What a ****ing asshole you are. My God, you limp-dicked lousy excuse
>>> for a man. Do you HEAR yourself? You sound like a spiteful little
>>> underendowed 6th grader. Ugh.
>>>

>> He could always claim that he was being affected by the full moon......
>> but that doesn't cut it for the rest of the month when he continues his
>> present trend.

> I'm feeling in a "flamacious" mood today...
>
> Actually I'm very fond of Lady Jane...her every post reeks, drips and exudes
> S - E - X ...
>
> For xmas she sent me a copy of _The Kama Sutra_, she inscribed it to me
> thusly:
>
> "Dearest Greggie: hoping you can visit Oz sometime for a bit of slap -
> and - tickle...signed your loving Lady Jane aka "Lover
> Lips...xoxoxoxoxo...".

So, have you always done drugs?

--
God got a virgin pregnant by magic; God doesn't play by the rules.

-Izzy, Grey's Anatomy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne > wrote in
:

> PeterLucas wrote:
>> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
>> link.net:

>>> uterus or

>>> I'm just givin' Lady Jane "the business"...she is quite the lusty
>>> wench and in fact has told me that if I ever get down her Antipodean
>>> way that she would allow me to paddle her backside *real*
>>> hard...<vbg/>
>>>

>> [Read] I'm trying to tapdance my way out of this monumental screwup
>> that I've made.
>>

> ding ding ding!

LOL!!!

How's Italy going?

Learnt to speaka da language yet?

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
> > LadyJane babbles:
> >
> >> On the whole the recipe

> > *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your

uterus or
> > something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...
> >

> Hey Jackass:
>
> It's called snipping.

As one hopes your husband is, luv...

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> ravenlynne wrote:
>
>> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>>> LadyJane babbles:

>>> *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your

> uterus or
>>> something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...
>>>

>> Hey Jackass:
>>
>> It's called snipping.

> As one hopes your husband is, luv...
>
> :-)

ROFLMAO

There's medication for diarhea of the mouth most likely. You should
take some.

--
God got a virgin pregnant by magic; God doesn't play by the rules.

-Izzy, Grey's Anatomy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:
> ravenlynne > wrote in
> :
>
>> PeterLucas wrote:
>>> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
>>> link.net:

>>> [Read] I'm trying to tapdance my way out of this monumental screwup
>>> that I've made.
>>>

>> ding ding ding!
>>

> LOL!!!
>
> How's Italy going?
>
> Learnt to speaka da language yet?

No unfortunately, although I do intend to try.

--
God got a virgin pregnant by magic; God doesn't play by the rules.

-Izzy, Grey's Anatomy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
> > ravenlynne wrote:

> > uterus or
> >>>
> >> Hey Jackass:
> >>
> >> It's called snipping.

> > As one hopes your husband is, luv...
> >
> > :-)
> >

> ROFLMAO
>
> There's medication for diarhea of the mouth most likely. You should
> take some.

Dirty dishwater is a potent emetic, no need to go to the trouble to buy
syrup of ipecac...

;--p

If some of us on this froup washed our mouths out with soap, there'd be a
dire soap shortage...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:

>> How's Italy going?
>> Learnt to speaka da language yet?

> No unfortunately, although I do intend to try.

Have you had some traditional breakfasta, as with "cornetti alla crema" and
cappuccino? Or baba'? I'd give my right leg for a dish of pastry from
Naples, now.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Vilco > wrote:

>ravenlynne wrote:

>>> How's Italy going?
>>> Learnt to speaka da language yet?

>> No unfortunately, although I do intend to try.

>Have you had some traditional breakfasta, as with "cornetti alla crema" and
>cappuccino? Or baba'? I'd give my right leg for a dish of pastry from
>Naples, now.

Was there in Feb, things like the cornetta (crossainte) with
hazelnut goo were exceptional.

There was one good Naples restaurant I'd truly recommend --
Sabarino on the Riviera di Chiaia. They had perfect
pizzas and calzones, decent antipasti (although these
do cost more), decent house wine and they will make
any pizza or pasta dish you want, including ripieni
(stuffed pizza).

Also the vegan place off via tribunale is well worth it.
email me or ask me here and I will give more exact information.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Vilco wrote:
> ravenlynne wrote:
>
>>> How's Italy going?
>>> Learnt to speaka da language yet?

>> No unfortunately, although I do intend to try.

> Have you had some traditional breakfasta, as with "cornetti alla crema" and
> cappuccino? Or baba'? I'd give my right leg for a dish of pastry from
> Naples, now.

Baba good!

--
God got a virgin pregnant by magic; God doesn't play by the rules.

-Izzy, Grey's Anatomy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyberSQUAT belched:

> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> thlink.net...
> >
> > LadyJane babbles:
> >
> >> On the whole the recipe

> > *What* recipe? You didn't quote it...do you have one hand up your

uterus
> > or
> > something whilt posting? Pay attention, Lady Lard - Arse...
> >
> > --

> What a ****ing asshole you are. My God, you limp-dicked lousy excuse for a
> man. Do you HEAR yourself? You sound like a spiteful little underendowed

6th
> grader. Ugh.

Shut your FILTHY piehole, you evil cyberSQUAT...

It might behoove you to remember what the Old Testament says about evil,
e.g. "Evil starts in the HEART..."

So take on a care on your pointy head, cyberSQUAT...BEWARE...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ravenlynne" > wrote

> There's medication for diarhea of the mouth most likely. You should take
> some.

Unfortunately, there is no medication for diarrhea of the brain, and that
is what this flabby old queen suffers from.

DO YOU HAVE YOUR HAND UP YER UTERUS?

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:18:49 -0400, Kate Connally >
> wrote:
>

>>I recently signed up to test recipes for America's
>>Test Kitchen. They send you the link to the recipe by
>>e-mail, you make it, and then you fill out an on-line
>>survey. You don't have to make all the recipes they send
>>you just the ones you want to.
>>

> How does one sign up for this?

That's a good question. I had some time ago signed up
for a Cook's Illustrated e-mail newsletter. The offer
to become a tester came in one of the newsletters. I just
clicked on the link they provided and filled out the
form for signing up. I suppose you could write to Cook's
or America's Test Kitchen on their web sites and inquire
about it.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melondy wrote:

> Kate Connally wrote:
>
>> I recently signed up to test recipes for America's
>> Test Kitchen. They send you the link to the recipe by
>> e-mail, you make it, and then you fill out an on-line
>> survey. You don't have to make all the recipes they send
>> you just the ones you want to.
>>
>> I did my first one last weekend. It was Chicken Tikka
>> Masala. Here's the recipe link:
>>
>> http://www.cooksillustrated.com/othe...d=697&bdc=8364
>>
>> Chicken Tikka Masala is not one of my favorite Indian
>> dishes, and I wouldn't order it a la carte, but I often
>> have some when I go to an Indian buffet. So, I've had
>> it plenty of times.
>>
>> I didn't care for theirs, compared to the ones I've
>> enjoyed at Indian restaurants. One thing was the
>> fresh ginger. I didn't think the flavor was right for
>> this sort of dish. Also, I thought it was a little too
>> tart (too much tomato vs. cream?). I'm used to this dish
>> being very creamy, zero tartness, and more spicy (flavor,
>> not heat). But it wasn't bad. Some people may like it
>> better than I did. I rated it a 5 (scale of 1-10) on
>> the survey.
>>
>> All in all it was a fun experience and can't wait for
>> the next one.
>>
>> Kate

> This is one of my DH's favorite dishes though we know it as Butter
> Chicken.

Butter Chicken - at least according to my Indian friend who
makes the best butter chicken in the world - is Murgh Makhani.
(Murgh = chicken, makhani = butter) Chicken Tikka Masala is similar.
In butter chicken the chicken is marinated and then baked or
roasted and put in the sauce. In CTM the bonely chicken chunks
are cooked in tandoori seasoning in a tandoori oven. I guess
they're more similar than I previously thought. I always thought
of them as very different, probably because my friend's Butter
Chicken is different from and so much better than any CTM I've
ever tried.

> An Indian friend of ours taught it to me. Her recupe is a bit
> different. Main thing I noticed was I marinate the chicken in the spicy
> yogurt sauce. I put some onion and garlic, garam masala and cilantro
> thru the food processor. It sits overnight in the fridge. Then next
> day, I amke the sauce, again with onion, garlic, and ginger put through
> the FP and then sizzled with cinnamon stick in the oil. Then you add all
> the rest of the spices and tomatoes and cream. Roast the chicken in the
> oven, add it to sauce.
>
> I find that the overnight marinating in the acidic yogurt really adds to
> the buttery texture of the chicken and heightens the spiciness.

I just ate some of the leftovers for dinner last night and
it was much improved by sitting in the fridge for a couple
of days. Many things are better reheated.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "ravenlynne" > wrote
>> There's medication for diarhea of the mouth most likely. You should take
>> some.
>>

> Unfortunately, there is no medication for diarrhea of the brain, and that
> is what this flabby old queen suffers from.
>
> DO YOU HAVE YOUR HAND UP YER UTERUS?
>
> lol

I doubt the physical practicalities of that manuever in any case.

--
God got a virgin pregnant by magic; God doesn't play by the rules.

-Izzy, Grey's Anatomy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate wrote:

>> This is one of my DH's favorite dishes though we know it as Butter
>> Chicken.

> Butter Chicken - at least according to my Indian friend who
> makes the best butter chicken in the world - is Murgh Makhani.
> (Murgh = chicken, makhani = butter) Chicken Tikka Masala is similar.
> In butter chicken the chicken is marinated and then baked or
> roasted and put in the sauce. In CTM the bonely chicken chunks
> are cooked in tandoori seasoning in a tandoori oven. I guess
> they're more similar than I previously thought. I always thought
> of them as very different, probably because my friend's Butter
> Chicken is different from and so much better than any CTM I've
> ever tried.

Butter Chicken starts with chicken that has already been cooked. Indian
restaurants make it using leftover tandoori chicken.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 02:04:02 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:

>cyberSQUAT thought she was being white when she said:

Bye, Greg.
--

modom

http://www.koyote.com/users/modom/home.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 08:02:06 GMT, "Vilco" > wrote:

>ravenlynne wrote:
>
>>> How's Italy going?
>>> Learnt to speaka da language yet?

>> No unfortunately, although I do intend to try.

>Have you had some traditional breakfasta, as with "cornetti alla crema"

Please explain this further for the rest of us.....

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

>> Have you had some traditional breakfasta, as with "cornetti alla
>> crema"

> Please explain this further for the rest of us.....

Cornetti alla crema, literally translated as "little-horns with custard",
are the most common brioches/croissants in Italy, a tradition for many of us
when it's breakfast time.
Here it is:
http://www.gelandia.com/files/images...l_F1G_8780.jpg
Note that it has no confectioner's sugar on it, but usually one finds them
with. It also helps to distinguish between the various fillings, at least in
my area: cornetti with custard usually have some confectioner's sugar over
them, while cornetti with jam (usually apricot) bear no sugar over it or big
grained sugar, while empty cornetti's have no sugar over them.
A cappuccino and a cornetto and you're in Italy
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'