Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Another one: Whats the best meal you ever cooked...

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> >

> > Get that nice and sizzling and add the shrimp. Quickly sprinkle on some
> > salt free lemon pepper and dried dill weed.
> >
> > Toss the shrimps around gently with a spatula until they are just pink
> > overall. Only takes a minute or two.
> >
> > Serve as is, or with some steamed veggies, or over rice cooked in stock.
> >
> > I like to eat them by themselves, or let them cool and add to a salad.
> > Dad will snarf all of these I can serve and so will guests!
> >
> > Also makes a good item to add to Omelets with a bit of Jack cheese.

> I love shrimp. It is versatile and always delicious.
>
> I have made some really good meals at home with shrimp, but the all time
> best restaurant meal I ever had was a shrimp dish. IIRC it was called
> Shrimp Barcelona. It was sautéed red pepper, green onion, tomato, shrimp,
> lots of garlic, and cilantro wit a bit of wine. I drove my wife crazy. I
> had oohing and awing with every mouthful in the restaurant, all the way
> home and all evening.
>
> I always enjoy BBQ shrimp. I soak them in a marinade of olive oil, lime
> juice, lots of salt, some pepper, hot sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, parsley
> and hot sauce. I prefer to marinate and cook them in the shell. It is
> messier to eat, but they taste so much better.

Hm. Guess I will really have to try that some time...
To date, I always peel shrimp before cooking it.

Hot and fast seems to be the key to the perfect shrimp, just like the
perfect steak. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.