Posted to rec.food.cooking
Vickie in Utah Vickie in Utah is offline

Default Silly question - and *yes* it is food-related...

On Mar 29, 10:39�am, Skyhooks > wrote:
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>
> > Do you find that you stick to your "old faithful" recipes/dishes on
> > certain days during the week?
> > e.g. this kind of chicken on Mondays, that kind of beef on Tuesdays...
> > and so on...

> > What about weekends? *(I usually try to "experiment" then, I have more
> > time)...

> > Just curious.

> > --
> > Cheers
> > Chatty Cathy

> I fondly recall Sunday morning breakfasts at my grandmother's house.
> The menu was always the same: *bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, her
> home-made waffles, syrup, molasses, and coffee. *I've probably forgotten
> something, because it's been a couple of decades since my last special
> Sunday morning breakfast with my grandmother.
>
> Sky

Sunday after Church was always the same growing up in the 50's. Pork
chops, biscuits with cream gravy, scrambled eggs and fried potatoes
with onions. That was the only meal that was served on a certain day.
I don't know how my Mother and Grandmother planned meals. I cook
depending on what I feel like, what is in the freezer, what is on
sale, etc. Tonight I am not going to cook because I am too tired. Good
thing I have foods that I cook and freeze for days like this.
Vickie