Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Silly question - and *yes* it is food-related...

Kate Connally wrote:
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>> Do you find that you stick to your "old faithful" recipes/dishes on
>> certain days during the week?
>> e.g. this kind of chicken on Mondays, that kind of beef on
>> Tuesdays... and so on...
>>
>> What about weekends? (I usually try to "experiment" then, I have
>> more time)...
>>
>> Just curious.

> No, but probably because I don't cook every night.
> I cook on the weekends and make enough to be reheated
> for dinner every night for a week or two. But even if
> I did cook every night I probably still wouldn't do that.
>
> Kate

Kate, you're a woman after my own heart! When I worked I cooked like crazy
on weekends so I'd have leftovers for lunch and dinner during the week. I
was just too bone tired and stressed out after work to deal with cooking a
meal every night of the week. And I didn't even have children! But a 10
hour day and 6 hours sleep will do that to you. Being on call for tech
support will do that to you. So I cooked up a storm on weekends. Froze
most of the meals but saved a few for taking for lunch and having for dinner
during the week. The rest I could *zap* from the freezer. Then cook up a
storm again the next weekend.

Jill