Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini kilikini is offline

Default Silly question - and *yes* it is food-related...

nancree wrote:
> On Mar 29, 10:50?pm, " > wrote:
>> On Mar 29, 1:51?pm, "Felice Friese" > wrote:
>>
>>> I can tell you one food we never had on Fridays. Tuna casserole.
>>> The family joke was that when DH came home I offered him a choice
>>> of going out or staying home and having a (mythical) tuna
>>> casserole. I never made one in my life.

>>> Felice

>> I loved tuna noodle casserole as a kid, still do. Of course my mom
>> never put peas or any other vegetables in hers. Hers was noodles,
>> tuna, and cream of mushroom soup. For variety she would sometimes add
>> Velveeta cheese. I can just see all the food snobs keeling over after
>> reading this.

> I agree, Felice. Let the food snobs go head and keel over. I still
> make tuna noodle casserole just for myself once in a while. A couple
> of dashes of garlic salt and crispy potato chips on top. Tasty.
> Nancree

My mom would do egg noodles, tuna, carrots & peas, I have no idea what the
base was. It could have been cream of mushroom, but she usually did
everything from scratch, so I don't know. Then she'd take hard boiled egg
slices and put them on the top. I dreaded that dish.

kili