Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Brian Mailman[_1_] Brian Mailman[_1_] is offline

Default San Francisco sourdough starter and Carl's starter

June Hughes wrote:

> Hello
>
> A friend on another ng recommended I post here with my query about
> sourdough starter and Carl's starter. Three or four years ago, a poster
> from uk.food+drink.misc sent me some San Francisco starter and also
> mentioned 'Carl's starter'. Gradually, the starter changed and became
> 'London starter'. Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain San
> Francisco starter? Many thanks in advance.

You can write me directly, substitute .com for .invalid and I'll send a
template with directions on where to send a SASE. I'm in the geographic
center of SF. I send doughballs around frequently; and the ones that
have gone to the UK have made it intact.

B/