Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38 Goomba38 is offline

Default need suggestion for a first course appetizer

> Nix the potato salad, just doesn't go with roast pork, mashed potato
> instead, and hopefully you'll prepare a gravy from the pan drippings.
> Doesn't really need an appetizer, pre dinner 2nis with pistachio nuts
> should be appetizer enough... begin your meal with a small composed
> garden salad or a citrusy fruit cup.

> Agreed with nixing the potato salad. How about a roasted beet salad to
> begin? Goes well with everything else.
>
> TammyM

I always eat my salads after the main course. A soup seems like a good
starter to me, but I would make the soup a nice light broth based one
since the rest of the meal is a bit on the starchy/heavy side.
And lose the potato salad since to *me* that is picnic food.