Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leonard Blaisdell Leonard Blaisdell is offline

Default need suggestion for a first course appetizer

In article >,
Bill > wrote:

> I'm having a dinner party this weekend and need a suggestion for a first
> course appetizer. The menu so far is,

<snip>

> I'm really not sure if these things go together, I picked what I knew I
> could make and what turns out well. Thanks for your suggestions.

How about a vegetable platter with HVR ranch dressing as a dip. Original
recipe dry mix with buttermilk made by you instead of a bottle of it.
I'd include broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery and green onions.
Some olives and pickles on the side. I personally wouldn't dip the
olives and pickles.
Speaking of olives, maybe an antipasto dish. Easy enough.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>