Jason in Dallas

Default Built-in Grill Advice

To comment on various subjects of this thread in no particular order:

1) The wood chip tray is a useful device. I use wood chips in my beloved
but inferior Weber Genesis gas grill. I used to smoke ribs in that before I
bought a dedicated BBQ smoker and my gas grill indirect heat smoked ribs
were excellent. In fact you can easily overpower food with wood chip smoke
in a gas grill. I recommend a unit that supports this, or at the very least
a wood chip smoker box accessory.

2) "Moist heat" is a very real thing in that moist air holds more "heat
energy" then dry air. This is why steaming cooks faster than baking at
212*F for example, and why you feel hot on a muggy day. HVAC people call it
"latent heat" and use a special tool to measure it (a wet bulb I believe?).
I ain't no science genius but it has to do with density.

3) DCS has a unique heat radiating design lending itself quite well to
grilled steaks. I think you'd be thrilled with either.

4) Upon further review of the thread I see the OP already bought a grill and
we're once again debating amongst ourselves. All the better.