Rose

Default wanted brownie/cheesecake combo

Jill Linden > wrote in message >...
> I had a great dessert from a church bazaar yesterday and would like to try
> to replicate it. It came in squares, with a bottom layer as a rich
> fudge-like brownie(about 1" tall) and a cheesecake like topping about
> 1/2" tall.
>
> Any help or even what it's called so I can Google it would be appreciated.
>
> Jill

Here's one I make:

SINFUL CHEESECAKE

~Crust:
2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons butter

--Melt butter and mix in crumbs until well blended. Press into a 9
inch springform pan.

~Brownie:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons water
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup pecans, chopped

--Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sugar, butter and water in a bowl. Stir in egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Stir
into sugar mixture.
Spread in pan over crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans on top.
Bake for 10 minutes. While it is baking, prepare the filling.

~cream cheese filling:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand milk
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup white chocolate chips

--Blend cream cheese, milk, sour cream, and egg. Blend well. Now,
after the brownie portion has been in oven 10 minutes, take it out of
oven. Spread the cream cheese filling on top of brownie. Sprinkle
white chocolate on top.
Put back in oven for 30 minutes.(when you take it out, the center
might be a little shaky..that's ok).
Let the cake cool until firm and set--couple of hours. Once cooled,
carefully remove the side of your springform pan.

Add the next ingredients in this order:
1/3 cup melted chocoate chips, drizzled on top,
1/3 cup chopped pecan,
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips,
1/3 cup white chocolate chips,
1/3 cup caramel sauce, drizzled on top