Jill Linden

Default wanted brownie/cheesecake combo

I had a great dessert from a church bazaar yesterday and would like to try
to replicate it. It came in squares, with a bottom layer as a rich
fudge-like brownie(about 1" tall) and a cheesecake like topping about
1/2" tall.

Any help or even what it's called so I can Google it would be appreciated.

Jill

Rose

Jill Linden > wrote in message >...
> I had a great dessert from a church bazaar yesterday and would like to try
> to replicate it. It came in squares, with a bottom layer as a rich
> fudge-like brownie(about 1" tall) and a cheesecake like topping about
> 1/2" tall.
>
> Any help or even what it's called so I can Google it would be appreciated.
>
> Jill

Here's one I make:

SINFUL CHEESECAKE

~Crust:
2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons butter

--Melt butter and mix in crumbs until well blended. Press into a 9
inch springform pan.

~Brownie:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons water
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup pecans, chopped

--Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sugar, butter and water in a bowl. Stir in egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Stir
into sugar mixture.
Spread in pan over crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans on top.
Bake for 10 minutes. While it is baking, prepare the filling.

~cream cheese filling:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand milk
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup white chocolate chips

--Blend cream cheese, milk, sour cream, and egg. Blend well. Now,
after the brownie portion has been in oven 10 minutes, take it out of
oven. Spread the cream cheese filling on top of brownie. Sprinkle
white chocolate on top.
Put back in oven for 30 minutes.(when you take it out, the center
might be a little shaky..that's ok).
Let the cake cool until firm and set--couple of hours. Once cooled,
carefully remove the side of your springform pan.

Add the next ingredients in this order:
1/3 cup melted chocoate chips, drizzled on top,
1/3 cup chopped pecan,
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips,
1/3 cup white chocolate chips,
1/3 cup caramel sauce, drizzled on top
Reg

Jill Linden wrote:

> I had a great dessert from a church bazaar yesterday and would like to try
> to replicate it. It came in squares, with a bottom layer as a rich
> fudge-like brownie(about 1" tall) and a cheesecake like topping about
> 1/2" tall.

This is for a round pan but you can use a square one.

Brownie Bottom Cheesecake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cheesecakes

-----IRWIN E.SOLOMON JJGF65A-----
-----PHILLY.INQUIRER-----
-----FOR THE BROWNIE BOTTOM-----
8 tablespoons Butter or margarine -- 1 stick
4 Squares (1 oz.each)
Unsweetened baking chocolate
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1/4 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
-----FOR THE TOPPING-----
3 packages Cream cheese -- softened 8 oz.
Each
3/4 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 Eggs
1/2 cup Sour cream

Heat oven to 325 deg. Lightly grease and flour a 9" springform pan.Set aside.
Prepare the cake: Melt butter and chocolate in 3 qt.
heavy saucepan over low heat,stirring constantly; remove from heat and cool mixture
to lukewarm.
Add sugar and eggs,one at a time,mixing well after each addition.Blend in milk
and vanilla.Stir in combined flour and salt,mixing just until blended.
Spoon into prepared springform pan,spreading evenly.Bake 25 minutes.
Remove cake from oven while you prepare the topping.
Prepare the topping: Beat cream cheese and vanilla at medium speed with electric
mixer until well blended.Add eggs,one at a time,mixing well after each addition.
Blend in the sour cream;pour over brownie bottom (filling will almost come to
top of pan).Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until center is almost set.
Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake;cool before
removing rim of pan.Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.Let cake stand 30 minutes
at room temperature before serving.Makes 12 servings...