Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
The Galloping Gourmand The Galloping Gourmand is offline

Default Why does the Galloping Goose hate tacos?

On Mar 18, 10:10?pm, "PeterDy" > wrote:
> On Mar 19, 1:27 am, "PeterDy" > wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Books, my friend; the internet is overrated.

Cook books are great, I learned more from a few cookbooks in one week
than I learned from
this group in a year. Then when I posted recipes I translated from a
Spanish language newspaper,
I was accused of plagiarism. It seems that the newspapers get their
recipes from the same
cookbooks and from the internet.

If people don't want their recipes to be disseminated widely, they
should never post them on their
website. If authors don't want their work copied, they should never
submit it for publishing.

The whole idea of the internet is to share information about whatever
the subject of
interest may be.

But this group's interest seems to be tacos and how excited they get
when a
new taco wagon arrives in the parking lot, or whether enchiladas
should be rolled, folded or flat, or
the endless debate about whether there should be beans or cumen in
chile.

> Well, except that you can actually ORDER books through the internet!
>
> Cocina Familiar en el Estado de Tabasco
>
> http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo....asp?z=y&EAN=9...

Thanks. Unfortunately B&N doesn't have either a new or used copy.

> Cocina Familiar en el Estado de Sonora

Sonoran style cooking is the poverty cooking of Mexico. It's what Tex-
Mex and Taco Bell are all
about. No point in buying a book about Sonora style cooking, it's in
every taco wago and taco truck.