Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
PeterDy PeterDy is offline

Default Why does the Galloping Goose hate tacos?

On Mar 6, 3:19 pm, "The Galloping Gourmand" >
wrote:
> On Mar 5, 1:35?pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
> wrote:
>
> > He tells us he wants a decent Mexican meal cooked to the highest USDA
> > standards in a brick and mortar restaurant under full Sanitation control

> I want that, and more. I want to find Mexican restaurants that
> specialize in all the regional dishes of the various areas, not just
> glorified generic theme taco stands with wall menus and faux adobe
> booths and cacti painted on the walls, decorated with charro apparel
> and serapes.
>
> This site lists many, many dishes that I cannot find recipes for,
> anwhere on the web.
>
> http://www.csgastronomia.edu.mx/prof...rmex/MATERIAL/...
>
> Why can't I find recipes for platillos tipicos of various Mexican
> states? Maybe it's because Mexicans don't know their traditional
> cuisine. Or maybe it's because they don't have a computer and can't
> get online to tell us about their grandmother's cooking.

LOL. Why don't you gallop over to Mexico, dude. Lots of books on
regional cuisines. There are several series devoted to the cuisines
of all the states or of regions/ethnicities within the states.

Books, my friend; the internet is overrated.

Peter