Default Microwave suggestions

Moldy Moldy Man > wrote:

> Yikes- I'd be concerned about leaking radiation- or is that a myth? Thanks
> for the input, I think I might stay away from the panasonic- no matter,
> there are lots of other choices out there.

This is not a big issue. If the door didn't close correctly
the oven would not run. Panasonics don't use the push-to-open
thing anymore. I just replaced an older Pansonic with a new
one. The new one has higher power level and cost about half
what the old one did 6 or 7 years ago. Also, some of the new
Panasonics have what they call "inverter" power level control.
This is a true power level setting, as opposed to most units
just cycling on and off to try to regulate power.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that we have had good service
out of Panasonics and you shouldn't disregard them completely.
Oh, and if you are wondering, we just moved the old one to
a new location. It didn't break or anything, just that we
needed a microwave in our new store and decided to use the
older one there and get a nicer new one for home.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.