Ribitt

Default Lamé for slashing bread

> > My french-speaking friends have no idea where or how the "lohm"
> > pronounciation came from. They wouldn't use it themselves in either

French
> > or English.
> >

> > And to get back on topic, I ordered one of the things (without the

accent)
> > at a local store and will pick it up tomorrow. We'll see how it works

out.

> >My french-speaking friends have no idea where or how the "lohm"

> pronounciation came from. They wouldn't use it themselves in either French
> or English.>
>
> What do you mean, they wouldn't use the word, "lame" OR the wouldn't use
> the razor to cut the bread?
>
> Either way, why wouldn't they use whatever they would not use.
>
> Dee

No no. They wouldn't use the pronunciation 'lohm' en Anglaise ou en
Francaise

Of course any language has its variations around the world. Forget the
French. Can you imagine someone in Texas speaking to someone in Glasgow
about how to pronounce anything in the English language?

Back on topic, I picked up my lame (made in France, without the accent)
today and as I took it out of the protective sheath to see what I had bought
I promptly knicked my thumb big time. Hopes it works as well on some
baguettes later this week.