Peter Aitken

Default Lamé for slashing bread

"Ribitt" > wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
> I have been totally unsuccessful in getting decent slashes on bread. I

have
> tried a freshly sharpened knife, a serrated knife, an exacto knife and a
> razor blade.
>
> Does a lame improve things? No comments, please, on my doubtful ability.
>
> The bread always is fine with a butchered look.

Not in my experience. I bought a "real" lame and have the same problems you
describe. I suppose it's possible we are both not doing it quite right but
still the bread looks awful. The best alternative I have come up with is to
use a pair of clean, pointed scissors to cut the slits.

--
Peter Aitken