Some Random Luser

Default Tramontina cookware

bk wrote:
> What are the thoughts on Tramontina. We have a Tramontina
> suace pan and an AllClad small pan. I like them both. The AllClad
> seems a bit thicker, maybe?
>
> Where can Tramontina be purchased??

I recently bought the 8 piece Tramontina Tri Ply Clad cookware set from
Kmart.com - http://www.kmart.com/product/index.j...ductId=1346116

I paid the glorious sum of $109 for the set plus a shipping charge of
about $10 to outside Boston, MA. A bargain compared to the All Clad set
for a similar number of pieces. Needless to say, I am well pleased with
the buy.

Quality of the cookware is comparable to All Clad albeit heavier; the
handles on the fry pans definitely feel more subtantial in their weight.
The Tramontina range isn't as extensive, however. I'd like a larger
skillet but the Tramontina 10" skillet is the largest they have.

If you're in the Boston region, you're able to buy open stock pieces
from the Tri Ply Clad range at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Homegoods shops as
well. TJ Maxx has the better prices being a few dollars cheaper for a
comparable item from the Homegoods shops.

Note: I have no commercial relationship with any of the shops mentioned.

cheers,
jr.