Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan[_2_] Joseph Meehan[_2_] is offline

Default Natual gas vs propane, which is hotter

wrote:
> Theres a discussion on alt.home repair, about convertiung natural gas
> grills to propane. My experience is the propane contains more BTUs and
> seers steaks better.
>
> A good friend works at sears and reports they hate selling natural gas
> grills, since so many get returned with not hot enough complaints.
>
> So I would appreciate the experts here at the barbecue group to give
> us their opinions.
>
> my opinion is that even with different orfices propane will be hotter
> thn natural gas.....

I would suggest that the difference in fuel is about 3% of the equation
and the difference of design is 97%. You don't use the same orifice for
both fuels so the results should be very similar.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit