Blanche Nonken

Default Coating in Le Creuset pots

"Dee Randall" > wrote:

> I do appreciate your feedback, as it is interesting to me what others think
> that caused this.

I find myself wondering if there was a bad production lot somewhere
along the line.

I have two LC pieces, both skillets (bought at a consignment shop for
about $10 both pieces). One has a bare cast iron interior, the other is
fully glazed. The bare interior (now seasoned, of course) is wonderful
for single fried eggs and such; the glazed is wonderful for reduction
sauces. The glazed interior one is somewhat badly crazed and stained on
the inside; I'm guessing someone misused it a few times, thinking it was
the bitchin' rock awesome because of the price (or a gift) and discarded
it after realizing it didn't meet his/her needs. Even crazed and
chipped, it does a fine job for my needs. :-)