Dee Randall

Default Coating in Le Creuset pots

Thanks for your reply.
Mine are not enamel, but the cream-colored sand/glass glaze. I think the
enamel is better.

I wish there were a perfect pot/pan. It seems in my case there is not. I
keep purchasing every new thing that comes on the market, looking for one.
I have purchased my share of vacuum cleaners as well over the years.

I guess the only thing really perfect cooking pan/pot is cast iron, but who
wants to cook tomatoes in cast iron -- I get enough iron without doing that.
Besides re-conditioning them with GREASE when you cook certain things in
them!

Dee

"Viviane" > wrote in message
u...
> Mine are as discoloured as yours but I don't have the scratches. When I
> questioned this with the shop I bought them from (I live in Australia) I

was
> told that it's because I put them in a dishwasher. They gave me one new
> saucepan - as a goodwill token, they said. My grandad had the same le
> Creuset stuff for 60 years and his looked brand new. I'm happy to make

the
> trade off in discolouring to put them in the dishwasher. If it came to
> handwashing, I'd change saucepans first!
>
> In your place, I'd contact Le Creuset - particularly about the scratching.
> I think it's only a matter of time before the rest of the enamel starts
> coming off.
>
> Viviane
>
> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >

> > The coating on my Le Creuset pots lasted no longer than 2 years' use. I
> > have asked about it, but any one I mention it to is incredulous. Of
> > course, I don't have them "in hand" when I mention it.
> >

> > Two pots out of 3 cracked. Two pots' coating rendered them unusable as
> > well.
> >

> > Since the last pot (the largest pot and not cracked) that I have left

is
> > still in my possession after sitting on the top shelf for many years, I
> > decided to take a few pictures to send to see if anyone has ever seen

such

http://freepages.family.rootsweb.com...reusetpots.htm