Louis Cohen

Default Knife quandary

I have the same thought - I've already looked at the culinary programs at
the local CC's.

It'll be tough keeping up all day with those young kids, some of whom have
probably been cooking at the family restaurant for years. But we're older
and slyer and can probably handle the academic side pretty easily.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

Bah! Humbug!

"zippoman" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Thanks for the infornation.
>
> Actually I didn't mean I was going to buy one of those 11 (or whatever)
> piece sets.
>
> I have taken a slightly early retirement and decided to keep myself busy

by
> enrolling in a culinary arts program at our local CC. I have always

enjoyed
> cooking and have gotten pretty good at it, so I thought this would be fun
> and I could learn the basics. I just need 5 knives, and fortunately they
> are the ones I would want anyway.
>

> "Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > "zippoman" > wrote in message
> > ink.net...
> > > I suspect this question has been posed here many time, but I have just
> > > discovered the NG.
> > >
> > > I am going to purchase a new set of kitchen knives. I have an old set

> of
> > > "inexpensive" Henckels that have been abused beyond help.
> > >
> > > I think I have it narrowed town to F. Dick, Wusthof, or Kershaw. I am

> > quite
> > > sure I want a high carbon, stainless knife. Any body have any

> > comparisons?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >

> > If you are going to spend the big $$ for high quality knives, any brand

> such
> > as Henckles or Wusthof will give you top quality blades that will last
> > longer than you or me. The differences come in the blade and handle

shapes