Kate Dicey

Default Prevalence of Induction Cooking?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> Long way to go to be practical in the home.
> Ed

Rubbish! They are very, VERY popular here in the UK, very quick (boil a
gallon of water in less time than you would believe, with a nice thick
magazine between the pot and the hob!*), and not at all uncommon. Their
speed and efficiency makes them very good for home cooks in a hurry. I
seriously considered one here just a years or so ago, when my kitchen
was refitted, and only opted for gas in the end because we have overhead
lines and I wanted an alternative to cold food when the power goes out
for a day or two at a time...

*NOT a trick or a show room demo, but my little sister making me a cup
of tea in her newly fitted kitchen just last week. Her's is made by
AEG. Her kitchen fitters sell as many induction hobs as gas,
radient/solid ring, and halogen hobs put together.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk