J Quick

Default Prevalence of Induction Cooking?

"Tess" > wrote in message
om...
> I've only learned about induction cooking in the past couple weeks and
> was wondering how common it is for residential cooking. I was going
> to buy an All-Clad copper core braiser, but it wouldn't work for an
> induction stovetop, so I don't want to wind up spending $300 on the
> braiser and then discover that induction cooking has become so
> prevalent that the braiser becomes somewhat useless. It look like
> induction cooking is getting more common in North America, but it
> doesn't seem likely to replace gas/electric, does it?

Why do you think that an All-Clad copper core braiser won't work on an
induction cooktop?

Induction will work fine with copper or aluminum core cookware so long as
there is sufficient ferrous stainless steel as well.

I can't imagine why someone would spend $300 on an All-clad copper core
braiser, but that's a separate issue. It'll work and it's your money. Good
stainless cookware with aluminum core for a fraction of that price would
likely work as well or better.