Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Making real bacon bits...

I really do like salads and now that we _finally_ have a refrigerator in
our break room at work, I've started keeping a weeks worth of salad
makings at a time there. Takes me less than 10 minutes to build a fresh
salad.

Part of my weight loss efforts is to get serious about eating more
salads and to really watch the dressings. I think the dressings are
often the biggest calorie contributor!

A good low fat dressing can be made from fat free sour cream (Daisy
brand etc.) and a package of Hidden Valley Ranch powdered Ranch dressing.

Anyhoo......

one thing that can really contribute to a salad is a tablespoon or so of
real bacon bits. The fake ones are so-so but way too high in carbs.

The real ones are expensive. About 50 cents per oz.

What would be the best way to go about making my own? I've honestly
never tried...

TIA!
--
Peace, Om