Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
Victor Sack[_1_] Victor Sack[_1_] is offline

Default Easy home-made pizza (with picture). Eat your heart out.

<Alan> wrote:

> The reason they are pizzas is that people call them "pizza."

Is it a good idea to follow the example of those people? The same
people also call raw, unformed minced/ground meat either "hamburger or
"sausage", and they also call anyone learning in any kind of educational
institution "students", even if they are just schoolchildren.

As I said many a time in similar cases, this is yet another example of
the general supplanting the particular in the American version of
English. Sooner or later, everything will be called "Alfredo", anyway.

But then, I am also a language snob. :-)

Victor